Bonobos, Hellofresh, Lamps Plus, Outer, Poshmark, and Sephora are among the winners of the 2019 CommerceNexty Awards.
Warby Parker was named Marketing Innovator of the Year for the second year in a row.
Barkha Saxena, Chief Data Officer at Poshmark was named mBolden's Women Retail Innovator Award.
CommerceNext produced and held its second annual CommerceNexty Awards this year on August 1st in New York City at the CommerceNext summit. The CommerceNextys are a peer-reviewed awards program identifying and rewarding the best marketing performances among retail and ecommerce professionals. After reviewing 92 nominations, we narrowed it down to 24 finalists across 6 categories.
Our winners are:
Marketing Innovator of the Year
Warby Parker - Entire Warby Parker team.
Best Use of Data in Marketing
Poshmark - Barkha Saxena, Chief Data Officer @ Poshmark + Ankur Uttam, Senior Director, Analytics.
Most Effective Social Strategy
Sephora - Deborah Yeh, Chief Marketing Officer at Sephora + Sephora Marketing Team.
Most Impactful Media Campaign
Bonobos - Micky Onvural, CEO at Bonobos.
Outstanding Cross-Channel Campaign
Outer - Jiake Liu, Co-Founder & CEO @ Outer.
HelloFresh - Brenton Downey, Director CRM at Hellofresh.
Best Use of a New Channel
Lamps Plus - Eric Wein, Brand and Communications Director, Lamps Plus.
mBoldens Women Retail Innovator Award
Barkha Saxena, Chief Data Office at Poshmark.
Below are the 24 finalist:
1. Marketing Innovator of the Year
a) Sephora Sephora launched SEPHORiA for beauty lovers.
b) HelloFresh launches EveryPlate to reach more cost-conscious shoppers.
c) Baboon launched Instagram film festival to drive awareness.
d) Warby Parker uses AR for to let customers try on glasses.
2. Best Use of Data in Marketing
a) Poshmark develops algorithms to measure TV performance.
b) Headspace implements student based pricing to turbo charge growth.
c) Petflow shifted to lifetime value based bidding to acquire customers.
d) The Great Courses uses data to target and personalize marketing efforts.
e) Blue Apron uses A/B testing in application to increase lifetime value.
3. Most Effective Social Strategy
a) Sephora launches #SephoraSquad influencer program to amplify community voices.
b) QVC uses Facebook LIve to attract new customers.
c) Jenni Kayne uses Facebook and Instagram to grow beyond their cult LA following.
d) Dormify used targeted creative to attract more customers on social channels.
e) Away uses storytelling to grow brand awareness and social following.
4. Most Impactful Media Campaign
a) Bombas launched Laundry Back Guarantee across media channels and PR.
b) Bonobos launches micro-documentary to unpack the perception of masculinity.
c) Purple’s uses "Sunday Scaries" short films to acquire customers.
5. Outstanding Cross-Channel Campaign: Online to Offline OR Offline to Online
a) JOANN turned their circular into an automated, evergreen Facebook & Instagram campaign.
b) Outer uses customers homes as showrooms.
c) Sheet Music Plus reached high value customers using online and offline channels.
d) HelloFresh used personalized direct mail for customer re-activation.
6. Best Use of a New Channel
a) TechStyle partnered with Instagram to gamify mass-production of Instagram Story ads.
b) Lamps Plus launches Brand Ambassador program for content and social influence.
c) Cynthia Rowley uses text messaging competition to grow engagement and revenue.
Winners were selected based on a combination of our board of judges and a popular vote. The popular vote contributed 50% to the overall score. The judges include:
- Mark Chou, VP, International, Away
- Elyse Burack, Head of Integrated Marketing & Brand, Boxed
- Craig Elbert, Cofounder & CEO, Care/of
- Geoff Sanders, Senior Vice President of Growth, Casper
- Emily Hickey, Founder, Chief Detective Growth Consulting
- Amy Africa, CEO, Eight By Eight
- Vijay Talwar, CEO of EMEA, Foot Locker
- Melissa Grillo Aruz, Head of Talent & Business Development, Forerunner
- Jason Nickel, VP of Marketing & Creative, Greats
- Scott Ableman, SVP of Marketing, GTT
- Bree Casart, VP of Performance Marketing, J. Crew
- Malena Higuera, General Manager Dermablend Professional Global & U.S., L'Oreal
- Angela Hsu, SVP of Marketing and eCommerce, Lamps Plus
- Cally Everette, Head of Marketing & Growth, Primary.com
- Jason John, Chief Marketing Officer, Publishers Clearing House
- David Cost, VP of Ecommerce & Digital Marketing, Rainbow
- Charlie Cole, Global Chief Ecommerce Officer, Samsonite
- Andrea Zaretsky, SVP Loyalty, CRM, Insights & Analytics, Sephora
- Qun Wei, Head Of Data Analytics & Data Operations, TG-17
- Anurag Kadyan, VP of Digital & CRM, Toureau
- Lev Peker, CEO, US Autoparts
- Shawna Hausman, VP of Ecommerce, Victoria Secret
- Jon Mandell, SVP of Global Ecommerce, WW (formerly Weight Watchers)